Who doesn’t love dry fruits and dates? Dates, particularly are a rich source of fibre, energy, magnesium, zinc among the many other nutrients. They are beneficial in being a natural source of sugar and thus energy, can help in solving constipation issues and have numerous other benefits. One of the most important thing that every mom keeps in mind is that whatever comes on the table is healthy and nutritious. So, here is the recipe for Date Nut Ladoo which doesn’t contain any refined sugar and is loaded with enriched nutrients like almonds, dates, etc which is again proved to be helpful in growth of kids. This ladoo is filled with essential part of nutrients like nuts which actually helps in keeping the mind sharper and heart healthy. Get set go!
Date nut Ladoos are a healthy and quick dish which takes 20 minutes approximately for preparation.
The required ingredients are:
● Any 2 nuts of your choice (Almond, Pistachio, walnuts or peanuts)
● Shredded coconut
Date nut Ladoo is a quick dish, with the right ingredients it takes barely any effort.
Make sure these ingredients are fresh. There are plenty different types of Dates available in the market, make sure you pick high-quality black dates preferably pitted dates.
You can also buy the ingredients from online stores such as Nature’s Basket, Big basket etc. using the grocery coupons instead of going market to purchase the same. There are many offers and deals running online like Rs.200/- off on shopping of Rs.1000/-, etc. which is a must check for every home maker.
METHODS OF PREPARATION:
● To start with, toast nuts in the microwave or stove top for 2 minutes. Stir them once or twice in between to make sure its toasted evenly.
● Soften the dates by heating them for 30 seconds to a minute. Make sure to remove the seeds of the dates if it is not pitted dates. This should soften the dates enough to knead it by your hand.
● Knead the dates for 2-3 minutes, when you use high-quality dates you wouldn’t require a blender, If the dates are not soft enough after heating them, use a blender to knead them for 2 minutes.
● Coarsely blend the nuts or chop them according to your taste. Make sure the blend is very coarse and not fine.
● Now add the chopped nuts and coconut to the kneaded dates and make small balls of regular ladoo size. You could add a tiny bit ghee, but generally, no oil is required as the dates add to the grease.
This dish could be made with a variety of ingredients, keeping the date as a constant ingredient. You could add Choco chip as a replacement for coconut, you could also add toasted sesame seeds or pumpkin seeds as you please.
You can garnish the dish by rolling it on shredded coconut, you could also use white chocolate or normal chocolate powder to garnish, the choice is yours.
These date laddoos Ladoo are an easy dish with a greater choice of ingredients where you could mix and match ingredients according to your taste. It is quick and healthy. Also, the ease with which these are prepared makes it a must try dish. I am sure the kids and the family members will love these ladoos.
Do share your thoughts in the comments below.
Moina is a stay at home mom, who loves to write, cook, spend time with her kids.